Curt G Maddon, CIP
Forge ahead with purpose in firing line activities to effectively help those afflicted and affected by substance use and mental health issues to achieve wellness.
Interventionist | 2/26/12 to Present
SeeGeeEm, LLC – Founder of an intervention company providing Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Disorder interventions across the US at sliding scale affordable rates. Full suite of services include:
- Full service intervention services to families and their loved ones suffering from an array of issues, from addiction to mental health issues.
- Clinical assessment of all cases by a licensed staff clinician.
- Family support services before, during and after all interventions geared toward full family wellness through the challenging early recovery period and beyond.
- Safe transportation of individuals to treatment, from treatment to step-down levels of care.
- Discharge planning and aftercare solutions for patients and families.
President/Managing Member | 2/26/12 to Present
MaddMarketing, LLC, Addison, TX – Founder of a startup marketing firm offering services to the treatment industry and other helping professions. Full suite of marketing services include:
- Web design, implementation using WordPress engine, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator graphics artwork, content creation and management, implementation and launch of sites, server maintenance.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services. Full on-site content and links, on-site technical and off-site content and links to increase and convert traffic, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaign creation and management, analytics and tracking, ROI and social networking integration.
Since its creation, the company has built hundreds of small to medium-sized websites for industry entities, currently carries numerous monthly SEO contracts and PPC campaigns.
Chief Executive Officer (Interim) | 5/14/18 to Present
Cottonwood Tucson, Tucson, AZ – The principal executive in the overall administration, direction, and implementation of the various services of a state licensed and CARF accredited behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment center with a total of 65 beds, reporting directly Western Vice-President of Operations of Summit Behavioral Healthcare. Exclusively responsible for the administration and performance of the Cottonwood functional unit, with over 80 employees. Management of various professional and licensed teams, such as medical, clinical and psychiatric departments and other treatment professionals, admissions and marketing staff.
Chief Operating Officer | 1/1/15 to 3/23/2018
Granite Recovery Centers, LLC, Salem, NH – The principle operations executive over nine treatment/recovery entities, including two primary treatment centers, a medical detox, two extended care facilities, an intensive outpatient patient program with three locations, and two sober living residences. Tenure brought the following accomplishments:
- Planning, design, licensing, ramp up and opening of a 20-bed residential treatment center in Canterbury, NH.
- Planning, design, licensing, ramp up and opening of a 88-bed medical detoxification and residential treatment center in Effingham, NH.
- Planning, design, ramp up and opening of a 16-bed extended care for women in Concord, NH.
- Expansion of an outpatient clinic in Derry, NH to two additional locations, Concord and Manchester, NH and elevating level of care to IOP.
- Oversight of 3-year CARF accreditation processes for two primary treatment centers, including medical detoxification and residential levels of care totaling 108 beds.
- Full implementation and and oversight of insurance reimbursement systems over medical detoxification, residential, PHP and IOP levels of care.
Chief Operating Officer | 8/1/2007 to 9/30/2010
Chief Executive Officer | 10/1/2010 to 12/13/2011
Burning Tree Programs, Kaufman, TX – The principal executive in the overall administration, direction, and implementation of the various services of two self-standing, state licensed, chemical dependency treatment facilities, with a combined total of 66 beds, reporting directly to the Governing Body. Exclusively responsible for the administration, custody, and care of the company. All other staff positions as well as state licensing fell under the accountability and charge of the CEO. Directed the marketing department and participated in field marketing activities, account maintenance and ROI analysis/reporting. Tenure brought the following accomplishments:
- Turnaround of company in regards to restoration of mission and philosophy, including revamping clinical operations and overall company performance, which had strayed from performance guidelines.
- Stabilized a downturn in growth and company revenue performance experienced 2004 – 2006, the result of which was a monthly ADC was at or below 20. At time of departure, company had begun to exceed the sustained position of 60 monthly ADC.
- Restructured fee system to correspondence with Average Daily Census and Average Length of Stay, thereby increasing revenues through front-end loading of treatment fees in the long-term model.
- Leadership development of key staff, including Clinical Directors, Marketing Directors and Representatives, Operations Managers, Compliance Officers, Quality Assurance Officers, and Administration employees into a new era of performance and growth.
- Recruiting and development of talented key employees and directors.
- Direction and diversification of Marketing Program in expansion to include Internet-driven admissions. Created inter-fueling of the relationships-based national marketing platform and Internet marketing platform, which included introduction of clinical leadership into the overall marketing scheme through appearances, speaking engagements, blogging and article writing on topics relevant to the marketplace.
- Stabilized and transformed underperforming Transition Program into solvent, high-performing unit through design improvements and recruiting of competent director.
- Turnaround and stabilization of company financial health through increased admissions and enhancement of admissions process, and implementation of corporate annual budgeting system and variance reporting systems which did not previously exist. In this effort, the company experienced a positive census growth and revenue growth of 20% overall, which was sustained successfully.
- Identification of management and team problems creating a negative growth situation and key action to address these issues through improvement processes, management of a key consultant, proper placement of talent, improvement of internal communication and operational systems to set the new course of growth.
- Improvement of existing Information Technology systems and addition of new technology such as an Electronic Health Record system as well as SharePoint document management system. Handled initial customization and fitting of the systems, implementation of system into clinical charting process as well as policies and procedures. The EMR was complete with CRM with marketing systems fully integrated.
- Recruitment and development of key employees during the improvement process that created the current performing management platform.
Marketing Consultant | 11/15/2006 to 7/31/2007
Youngblood Consulting, Tucson, AZ (Burning Tree) – Delivered wide scope of consulting services to treatment center clients, including executive, operations, marketing and admissions, and IT services. Tenure brought the following accomplishments:
- Acquisition of treatment center clientele to company through contacts developed in industry.
- Field marketing and admissions closing services provided for a premier treatment center.
- Executive and marketing consulting services to client resulting in hiring as Chief Operating Officer of the client company.
- Design, procurement and implementation of computer networking, client/server, LAN/WAN systems for treatment center client, which included computer lab for educational setting.
Executive Director/Program Director | 2/1/2002 to 11/6/2006
Transitional Living Corp, Wickenburg, AZ – Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a Florida-model chemical dependency treatment facility with 100 beds. Responsibilities included direct supervision of all department heads, including the clinical director, residential directors, education director, aftercare coordinator and alumni coordinator. Also responsible for licensing and regulation of therapeutic facility, budgeting oversight, new construction, IT systems and physical plant. Integrally involved in marketing systems, field marketing and maintenance of payers and referents. Tenure brought the following accomplishments:
- Recruitment, leadership development and management of key staff during explosive growth period, where the facilities grew from 40 to 100 beds overall.
- Design and implementation of new and complex operational policies and procedures.
- Design, procurement and implementation of state-of-the-art Information Technology systems, including fiber optic connection of entire campus, installation of client/server networks supporting approximately 80 workstations, backup systems, LAN/WAN systems and security.
Sno-Cat Operator/Snow Maintenance | 1993 to 2003
Sandia Peak Ski Area, Sandia Park, NM – Seasonal moonlight employment as shift leader for Snow Maintenance Department of recreational ski area located in New Mexico. Job functions:
- Operation of Bombardier BR-100 Sno-Cat with 12-way blade and 10-foot rear snow tiller. Proficient in slope grooming, snow moving, winch grooming, and special snow projects.
- Operation of man-made snow functions – snow gun towing and placement, configuration and set-up, water supply maintenance, pump room operation and maintenance and monitoring of snowmaking.
- Snowmobile operation to provide support to snow maintenance operations.
- Maintenance functions of all equipment related to snow maintenance operations including Sno-Cats, snow guns and hoses, snowmobiles, and winch cats.
Private Investigator | 1993 to 2002
Curt Maddon & Associates, Inc., Albuquerque, NM – Entrepreneur and licensee of startup investigations company providing civil investigations service to insurance companies, employers and private individuals. Company covered the state of New Mexico and eventually had operations in Arizona and Texas. Responsible for marketing of services to primarily the insurance industry, leadership of all staff, surveillance, research, legal investigations, and legal testimony through direct and reported means.
- Lead company that grew to the 2nd largest in New Mexico, from a staff of one to six in three years, with revenues totaling nearly $1.5 million at the time of sale of the company.
- Involved in and directed investigations cases saving millions of dollars of indemnity to customers, including several over $1 million each.
- Designed one of the first web-based employment background check products available to customers with full range of services and electronic deliverables.
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 1999 – 2002
- BS in Business (remains outstanding)
- 3.83 GPA
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN 2007 – 2010
- BS in Business (remains outstanding)
- 4.0 GPA
Brad Lamm’s Breakthrough Interventions, May 2013
- 28 class hours
Board Registered Intervention (BRI I & II) Training, July 2013
- 28 class hours
- Certificate Issued
Pennsylvania Certification Board, April 2014
- Certified Intervention Professional (CIP)
Highly interested in challenging activities, certificated private pilot, significant coursework and experience in IT, Computer Networking, and Client/Server Systems.
References are available on request.